Don’t eat for a week, take friend(s) and look forward to a tasty Thali which weighs in at over 13kg!
Could this be the biggest Thali in Dubai, the UAE or beyond? Read more about the Shahenshai Thail at Amala, Jumeirah Zabeel Saray over on FoodeMag dxb.
Meanwhile here’s my thoughts on some of my favorite dishes from the Thali platter:
- The Chicken Jalfrezi was spicy and rich
- The Galouti kebab was silky smooth and melted in our mouth as a good galouti kebab should do!
- The Tandoori chicken was charred in all the right places, delicately spiced yet still soft and tender.
- The prawns were delicious with subtle flavours and some unusual textures which worked well together.
- Finally, the Indian mutton, in at least two different dishes, was tender and served in a rich unctuous gravy.
- Desserts! – Four small pots of dessert delivered on taste and texture, and unlike most Indian desserts we’ve had before, were not too sweet and sickly, so a big thumbs up for these.
There were plenty of other dishes too, but these are some of the ones that stuck in our memories and spring to mind without reference to the menu.