The team at the Ritz-Carlton DIFC have been busy this year cooking up some innovate magic with a Falafel Waffle which I’m reliably told you can make at home too. Here’s the recipe.
Let me know how you get on if you make it.
FALAFEL WAFFLE RECIPE
From Chefs Ron Pietruszka and Magdi Majdi Alhinani
The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC
The Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre will present guests with a host of unique Ramadan experiences during the forthcoming Holy Month, fusing the traditional with the contemporary. Following the successful introduction of Arabic Sushi to last year’s Iftar, further innovation comes from the Hummus Fountain, where guests will be able to dip pitta bread, falafel and stuffed olives into the flowing hummus, and the equally unique Falafel Waffle station, where guests can choose from an array of condiments to complement their waffle.
• 2kg dry chickpeas, soaked overnight
• 1.5kg split broad beans, soaked overnight
• 300g onion
• 200g garlic
• 100g mint leaves
• 30g salt
• 30g cumin powder
• 20g white pepper
• 300g fresh parsley
• 140g sugar
• 500g flour
• 200ml milk
• 3 eggs
• 20g bicarbonate of soda
1. Wash and dry the chick peas and broad beans. Mix with all falafel ingredients.
2. Mince falafel mixture in a meat mincer to make a fine paste.
3. To prepare the waffle batter, mix eggs, sugar, milk and soda to form a runny batter.
4. Mix falafel l and waffle mixes together until they form a smooth batter. Set aside for 15 minutes.
5. Heat the waffle machine and lightly grease with pan coating.
6. Pour the batter into the waffle machine and close the lid until done.
7. Serve hot accompanied with tahini sauce, hummus and/or sweet potato mutabal.
Ramadan at The Ritz-Carlton, DIFC
Iftar Buffet: Sunset-9pm AED 190 for adults, AED 100 for children (6-12 years), including soft beverages
Sohour: 9pm-2am A la carte menu.
Shisha: Available from AED 85 per shisha.
Reservations: Call: +9714 372 2323